Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Power Transmission Grid

I have had many offline discussions about the power transmission grid. These discussions have been very interesting and I have decided to add a Chapter to cover the power grid in the current book Alternative Energy. I will attempt to cover the many types of power transmission currently being used. I will also have a discussion of the past grid configurations. I will include as much as I can on the new Smart Grid Technology being proposed by GE and IBM and others. Please feel free to leave me your comments on this topic. As always keep those emails coming.

Thanks to William I have found the commercial that says the only half the power the is produced reaches a light bulb. You can see it at the link below.


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zuDndnIl39s


I do not know the source of the information and I am trying to source it out this is a very bold claim.


“Today's scientists have substituted mathematics for experiments, and they wander off through equation after equation, and eventually build a structure which has no relation to reality.”

Nikola Tesla, Modern Mechanics and Inventions, July, 1934
US (Serbian-born) electrical inventor (1857 - 1943)


I am happy to say that the first book Control and Monitoring Systems is getting nothing but positive reviews from the publishers and I have several firm offers to publish the book and hope to have a few more soon. Those of you waiting for your copy of the book it will be published soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment